There is nothing quite so exciting as taking a holiday. Exploring new resorts and destinations, another passport stamp and, of course, a well earned break from work and other responsibilities. What most of us don’t enjoy, however, is packing beforehand.
A very common mistake is overpacking. We rarely need as much as we think we will and many of the clothes and accessories we pack simply won’t be needed in the end. Packing too much could also see you incurring additional charges (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/travel-advice/7677536/Airline-guide-baggage-allowances-and-charges.html).
It is actually possible to fit everything you need for a week away into hand luggage. While you might not want to go quite that far, the tips below will help you to pack lighter, saving time and space.
- Tickets and booking confirmation for accommodation, flights etc.
- Travel insurance details
- Foreign currency and bank cards
- Light jacket or cardigan for cooler evenings
- Scarf or wrap to wear in the evenings or on the beach to protect you from the sun. Men choose Farah Shirts or similar to cover up in during the hottest part of the day.
- Trousers (you can travel in these)
- Trainers or closed toed shoes to travel in.
- Sun hat
- 2 x shorts
- 4 x day tops
- 5 x dresses, mens Farah shirts, or other non crease evening outfits
- 2 x swimwear
- 7 x underwear
- Sandals or flip flops
- 3 x socks
- Medication and Toiletries
- Travel toothpaste and toothbrush
- Travel deodorant
- Hair accessories and hair brush
- Make up (although this is certainly not an essential)
- Travel moisturiser (get one with an SPF)
- Antiseptic cream
- Diarrhoea treatment
- Personal medication and a Dr’s letter if necessary
The majority of hotels provide a hair dryer and towels, so it is not necessary to pack these.
To be Bought Once You Arrive
It is best to buy toiletries such as shower gel, shampoo, conditioner, bug repellent, sun cream and after sun, once you arrive at the resort.
Last bits and pieces to fit in are:
- Mobile phone, charger and travel plug adaptor
Pen and paper
Books and other reading material
Handbag and beach bag
And that really is it! If you wish to add a couple of accessories for evening wear, do, but don’t go overboard!