For an HR, to deal with smart candidates become difficult as people can easily display the talent which they don’t possess. In such a scenario for HR, it becomes tough to differentiate among the candidates and know who is right and who will not be useful to the organization. For them to know this fact in a meeting that lasts for a few minutes, is not that possible and hence the best option is to use the tool of a test where the minimum score is predefined. If the candidate fails to secure some definite score, the HR can easily judge him as a not so useful one and hence reject him. In the case of multiple successful candidates also it becomes easy to judge which candidate will be the right one for the concerned role in the organization to prove as an asset.
In the simplest of terms, aptitude can easily be understood as ‘talent.’This is the inclination or predisposition to do something better than the others. It may be physical or even mental. Thus, it can be concluded that aptitude is an inborn potential which can exist and help people to gain excellence as well as work in any field. This can be anything such as singing, dancing, writing, driving, swimming, the IT sector or any other field as well. There is no limit. One must note here that there is a stark difference between interest and aptitude. This is why it often happens that even if you are interested in a particular activity, you fail to do it well. The reason is that you lack the necessary aptitude. Aptitude testing is very important for top companies all over the world. This is because these tests help them to judge all the applicants. They get to know whether a candidate is competent enough to be hired. The best for this is to find such a test online. This helps save not only time but also money. After all, the chief aim of each business is to invest as little as possible and make the most profits.
Top uses of tests that are for aptitude-
- Educational: Education is a very competitive sector. The world population keeps on increasing with each passing This is why the number of students seeking admission in schools and colleges has also gone up drastically. In such a situation, all educational institutes need aptitude tests so that they can immediately point out the worthy students and offer them a seat at their organization. Besides, these tests help to ensure that there is no bias and total satisfaction amongst the pupils and parents.
- Placement: Everyone needs a job. This is the means through which people can earn and make a living for themselves. This is why companies also need ways to measure the aptitude of all candidates. This helps them to know the level of proficiency that the applicants have. Out of these, the one with the highest score is selected,and then subsequently the other posts are also filled by the top scorers. This is a technique that has been in practice for years now and top companies all over the nations have been opting for it due to the posed advantages.
Popular tests for aptitude
- Abstract reasoning: This refers to the mental process of forming concepts. Each time information is presented, it is expected that the candidate can get in its context and then determine the cause. This is a type of non-verbal test. Thus, this makes it obvious that words are absent. The use of shapes is made so that every taker’s fluid intelligence can be put to the test.
- Verbal reasoning: Secondly, this is one of those aptitude teststhatis timed. The key point to be tested here is the applicant’s verbal, analytical skills. This test is executed in the form of passages and facts from which the applicants are supposed to reach conclusions. They must be able to put the information before them in a sequence to form a clear picture in their mind and then answer the questions.
- Numerical reasoning: Last but definitely not the least, this is also one of the most common and well-known tests for aptitude. Numbers are highly important because they form the base of all important transactions. This is why proficiency in them needs to be put to the test. However, this must never be confused with the ability to solve math problems. The two are completely different. In the case of a numerical reasoning test, there are graphs and diagrams from which conclusions need to be reached. Definitely, a proper sequence of thought needs to be followed.
How to administer these tests?
The administration of these tests is indeed very simple. In fact, the biggest advantage now is the boon of the internet. This means that you just need to follow a few simple steps and then your aim will be achieved.
- First, you simply need to add the test to your list of tests. This will help the better understanding of all the candidates.
- Next, the link needs to be shared with all the candidates. In case you specify a time and date, all of them will be able to appear for it at the same time. This will help to save your time.
- Thirdly, the candidates appear for the aptitude tests.
- And lastly in the process, the results and generated quick and sent to you. This way you get to know the areas where they excel as well as need extra attention. This will help you to make your choice soon and get done with the process.
Thus, tests to know about people’s aptitude are very useful and sought by every company. This is irrespective of the fact whether they are big or small. The companies who are new in the field can also rapidly gain success if they choose the best applicants to join their workforce.